We recognise our obligation to give back to the community in which we and our clients live and work. We see sustainability as being broader than just caring about the environment. You could call it going full circle. Our CSR programme has four key areas to help us do our part for those around us:
1. RESPONSIBILITY TO OUR COMMUNITY
Chapman Tripp’s CSR programme is centred around our core national community partners: Creative HQ, First Foundation, New Zealand Opera and The Sir Peter Blake Trust. We support these partners with pro bono work, funding and voluntary time.
2. GIVING BACK THROUGH PRO BONO WORK
Our wider, $1m+ formal pro bono programme was one of the first to be established in 2003, and supports our CSR priorities:
• NZ Inc – working with socially conscious organisations that drive innovation and contribute to NZ’s economic future.
• Youth and education – helping organisations that empower New Zealand’s youth and support educational achievement.
• The Arts – partnering with organisations that support New Zealand’s vibrant arts environment.
3. FOCUS ON PEOPLE, DIVERSITY & BELONGING
Chapman Tripp is 100% committed to creating a culture of belonging which focuses on equal opportunity, merit and providing the tools to be our best. Find out more here.
4. WORKING SUSTAINABLY
Chapman Tripp’s sustainability initiative, known as Footprint, is powered by a team of over 30 committed volunteers, who inspire and manage the efforts of the rest of the firm. Established in 2007, we’ve developed policies, practices and education initiatives related to recycling, supply chain, energy and travel in our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices, and we’re about to go a whole lot further – watch this space!