Our Law Clerks participate in a comprehensive programme from induction through to admission.
Generally, our Law Clerks are our previous Summer Clerks, however every now and again we hire Law Clerks who haven’t worked with us before.
We make sure our Law Clerks have all the training and support they need in order to have the best start to their legal careers.
Since 2016, we have enrolled our Law Clerks in a bespoke Professional Legal Studies Course (Profs) with the Institute of Professional Legal Studies (IPLS). This full-time classroom-based course, which we helped develop, focuses on the common types of work our Law Clerks do. As a Chapman Tripp Law Clerk, we cover the cost of Profs and pay your full salary while you’re completing the course. Learn more about Profs here.
- Our Law Clerks complete their profs course onsite from late-January to April each year and join the firm full time in April.
- A competitive salary (our Law Clerks receive their full salary while completing Profs)
- $500 wellbeing benefit each year
- Up to $500 relocation costs
- Health insurance plan
- Team events
- Firm sports teams
- Ongoing training and support
- Opportunities to join clubs and committees
As it is essentially a graduate role, you’ll just need to have completed your degree by the time you begin with us. Make sure to check the date/year in which we are recruiting Law Clerks for, and ensure you’ll be able to beign full-time work then.