Our 13-week summer clerk programme is a great way for students to immerse themselves in life at Chapman Tripp!
Throughout their time in the firm, our summer clerks build working relationships, receive great training and most of all, get involved in in-depth, meaningful work.
We keep our intake to approximately 25-30 summer clerks across our three offices, ensuring that we don’t take on more summer clerks than we have law clerk positions to offer. This means our summer clerks all have the opportunity to be offered a law clerk position.
Our summer clerks rotate through two teams over the course of their clerkship. Before the programme begins, we hold a team information day so that our summer clerks have all of the details they need to make an informed decision about their rotation preferences.
While our summer clerks are busy getting stuck into the work and meeting clients, we also provide some fun experiences along the way, including volunteer work and a number of firm and summer clerk social events – from team sports nights and dinners to an orientation day, which this year included a day of zip-lining on Waiheke Island and sunrise yoga up the Auckland Sky Tower!
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Invite to interview
- Pre-interview coffees
- Pre-interview functions
- Post-offer function
- Acceptances due
- Applications open 12 March 2020 and close midday 6 April 2020
- The 2020/2021 programme will run from 16 November 2020 – 12 February 2021
- A competitive salary
- $1,000 clothing allowance
- Wellbeing benefit of $125
- Up to $400 relocation expenses
- Three weeks paid holiday over Christmas
- Experience real work
- Two rotations in different teams
- Great training
- Client visits and meetings
- Supervisor, buddy and People & Culture support
- Firm and team social events
- Volunteer work
- An opportunity to be offered a law clerkship
Our 2020/21 summer clerk programme will be aimed at law students in their penultimate year of study and who can join us as a law clerk in February 2022.