Our 12-week Summer Clerk programme is a great way for students to immerse themselves in life at Chapman Tripp!
Throughout their time in the firm, our Summer Clerks build working relationships, receive great training and most of all, get involved in in-depth, meaningful work.
We keep our intake to approximately 20 Summer Clerks across our three offices, ensuring all of our Summer Clerks receive real-work, and have the potential to be offered a Law Clerkship at the end of the summer.
Our Summer Clerks rotate through two teams over the course of their clerkship. Before the programme begins, we provide information about each team so Summer Clerks have all of the details they need to make an informed decision about their rotation preferences.
While our Summer Clerks are busy getting stuck into the work and meeting clients, we also provide some fun experiences along the way, including volunteer work and a number of firm and Summer Clerk social events – from team sports nights and dinners, to an orientation day.
Hear from Hannah, Lushomo and Spencer on what they enjoyed most about their recent summer clerkship.
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Invite to interview
- First interviews (online)
- Pre-interview functions
- Second interviews (in-person)
- Acceptances due
- Applications open midday 9 March 2023 and close midnight 27 March 2023
- The 2023/2024 programme will run from mid/late November 2023 – mid February 2024
- A competitive salary
- $1,000 clothing allowance
- Wellbeing benefit of $125
- Up to $400 relocation expenses
- Three weeks paid holiday over Christmas
- Experience real work
- Two rotations in different teams
- Great training
- Client visits and meetings
- Supervisor, buddy, coach, and People & Culture support
- Firm and team social events
- Volunteer work
- An opportunity to be offered a law clerkship
Our 2023/2024 summer clerk programme will be aimed at law students in their penultimate year of study and who can join us as a Law Clerk in January 2025.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer clerk experience at Chapman Tripp. It has exceeded my own expectations of what working at a law firm is like, and has only fuelled my passion for becoming a lawyer. My short time here provided me with an incredible insight into some of the ways I can pave a successful legal career, and each team I was a part of made me feel comfortable and included as well as confident in my own intellectual abilities.”Sam WilsonSummer Clerk