Our 12-week Summer Clerk programme is a great way for students to immerse themselves in life at Chapman Tripp!
Throughout their time in the firm, our Summer Clerks build working relationships, receive great training and most of all, get involved in in-depth, meaningful work.
We keep our intake to approximately 20 Summer Clerks across our three offices, ensuring all of our Summer Clerks receive real-work, and have the potential to be offered a Law Clerkship at the end of the summer.
Our Summer Clerks rotate through two teams over the course of their clerkship. Before the programme begins, we provide information and coffee catch-ups to hear more about each team so Summer Clerks have all of the details they need to make an informed decision about their rotation preferences.
While our Summer Clerks are busy getting stuck into the work and meeting clients, we also provide some fun experiences along the way, including volunteer work and a number of firm and Summer Clerk social events – from team sports nights and dinners, to an orientation day.
Hear from Charlotte, Grayson and Mathew on their recent summer clerkships.
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Invite to interview
- Pre-interview coffees
- Pre-interview functions
- Acceptances due
- Applications open 10 March 2022 and close midday 28 March 2022
- The 2022/2023 programme will run from mid/late November 2022 – mid February 2023
- A competitive salary
- $1,000 clothing allowance
- Wellbeing benefit of $125
- Up to $400 relocation expenses
- Three weeks paid holiday over Christmas
- Experience real work
- Two rotations in different teams
- Great training
- Client visits and meetings
- Supervisor, buddy, coach, and People & Culture support
- Firm and team social events
- Volunteer work
- An opportunity to be offered a law clerkship
Our 2022/23 summer clerk programme will be aimed at law students in their penultimate year of study and who can join us as a Law Clerk in February 2024.
“There was a great office environment and culture that embraced the summer clerks, alongside everyone in the office. I would definitely recommend Chapman Tripp for those law students considering a summer clerkship.”Sam RileySummer Clerk