A brilliant week-long learning and immersion experience!
We take on approximately 10 Winter Clerks each year across our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
It’s a great opportunity to experience life at Chapman Tripp and figure out if working in a corporate law firm is for you. At the end of the programme, our 2022 Winter Clerks may be invited back to join our 2023/2024 Summer Clerk programme.
Over the course of the week-long programme, our Winter Clerks undertake real work, participate in training sessions, enjoy social events such as sports events, volunteering and lunches, and get a feel for our firm. Our Winter Clerks are teamed up with a buddy and a supervisor to make sure they have all the support they need. And if you’re out-of-town, we’ll fly you to one of our offices and cover your accommodation for the week!
- Applications open at 12pm on 10 March 2022 and close at 12pm on 28 March 2022
- The 2022 programme will run during the university mid-year break, exact dates to be announced
- A salary for the duration of the winter clerkship
- Travel and accommodation costs covered if you need to relocate for the experience
- Opportunity to be offered a summer clerkship
- Real work experience
- Great training
- Social events
- Supervisor and buddy support
Law students in their second or third year of study* who would be ready to start as a Law Clerk in February 2025 and who can join our 2023/2024 summer clerk programme, should they receive an offer.
*dependent on whether you are completing a single or double degree.