A brilliant two week-long learning and immersion experience!
We take on approximately 10 Winter Clerks each year across our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
It’s a great opportunity to experience life at Chapman Tripp and figure out if working in a corporate law firm is for you. At the end of the programme, our 2023 Winter Clerks may be invited back to join our 2024/2025 Summer Clerk programme.
Over the course of the programme, our Winter Clerks undertake real work, participate in training sessions, enjoy social events such as sports events, volunteering and lunches, and get a feel for our firm. Our Winter Clerks are teamed up with a buddy and a supervisor to make sure they have all the support they need. And if you’re out-of-town, we’ll fly you to one of our offices and cover your accommodation during your time with us!
- Applications open at midday on 9 March 2023 and close at midnight on 27 March 2023
- The 2023 programme will run during the university mid-year break, starting 26 June 2023
- A salary for the duration of the winter clerkship
- Travel and accommodation costs covered if you need to relocate for the experience
- Opportunity to be offered a summer clerkship
- Real work experience
- Great training
- Social events
- Supervisor and buddy support
Law students in their second or third year of study* who would be ready to start as a Law Clerk in February 2026 and who can join our 2024/2025 summer clerk programme, should they receive an offer.
*dependent on whether you are completing a single or double degree.