You can fast-track your way onto our summer clerk programme by becoming a Chapman Tripp winter clerk.
We take on approximately 14 winter clerks each year across our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
It’s a great opportunity to experience life at Chapman Tripp and figure out if working in a corporate law firm is for you. At the end of the programme, our 2020 winter clerks may be invited back to join our 2021/2022 summer clerk programme.
Over the course of the week-long programme, our winter clerks undertake real work, attend a team building retreat with their buddies, participate in training sessions, enjoy social events such as sports events, volunteering and lunches, and get a feel for our firm. Our winter clerks are teamed up with a buddy and a supervisor to make sure they have all the support they need. And if you’re out-of-town, we’ll fly you to one of our offices and cover your accommodation for the week!
- Applications open 11 April 2020 and close 9 May 2020
- The 2020 programme will run during the mid-year break, commencing on 29 June 2020 and ending on 3 July 2020
- A salary for the duration of the winter clerkship
- Travel and accommodation costs covered if you need to relocate for the experience
- Opportunity to be offered a summer clerkship
- Real work experience
- Great training
- Social events
- Supervisor and buddy support
Law students in their second or third year of study who would be ready to start as a law clerk in February 2023 and who can join our 2021/2022 summer clerk programme.